You guys are always asking me for healthy, quick recipes you can make at home so I wanted to share with you all this delicious, easy salad you can have for lunch or dinner!
When I worked at the Nordstrom Cafe my FAVORITE salad was the salmon Nicoise. With being quarantined I can’t go get one myself so I decided to take on the task at home!
- 1 lb of wild-caught salmon cut into 4 pieces (skin removed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 cups of chopped romaine
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups steamed green beans
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a medium-size pot. Add your eggs and cook for 13 minutes. When eggs are done cooking immediately put them in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking heat your avocado oil in a saute pan over med/high heat. Salt and pepper your salmon pieces on both sides and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the salmon reaches your desired cook temperature.
- Assemble lettuce, onion, cherry tomatoes, green beans, kalamata olives among four bowls. Top with salmon and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Peel your eggs and cut in half and add to your salads, enjoy!
The comments +