Warmer weather is starting to hit here in Nashville which has me CRAVING cooler foods. Add the quarantine on top of that and I really felt like I needed something that also would be comforting (but not have me gaining the quarantine 15). This recipe is what came from that – I hope you enjoy it as much as I and Nathan have!
- 9 ounces gluten-free pasta (I used 1 package of Taste Republic pasta)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 14-ounce can black beans or kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Next, make your dressing by adding all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times to get the entire contents creamy. Set the dressing aside.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, black beans, corn, cilantro, and cooked pasta to a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over top and toss to combine. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve & enjoy! This pasta will keep in your fridge for up to 1 week.