If you read my last post on “Pumpkin Puree” than you know that pumpkin has a WHOLE lotta good stuff for you – from vitamins to antioxidants – I can’t get enough of this stuff. You might be wondering how you can incorporate more of this orange gold into your life and that’s why I am here to share my “Pumpkin Butter” recipe with you! It can be used on toast, on pancakes or waffles, in your oatmeal, or you can even use it in baked goods!
– 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (or you can use the canned kind)
– 1/3 cup coconut sugar
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1/8 cup unsweetened apple juice
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– 1/2 tsp ground all spice
– 1/4 tsp ground cloves
– 1 pinch sea salt
1. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine.
2. let cook for 5-20 min, stirring occasionally; the longer it cooks the deeper the flavor.
3. Transfer ingredients to a food processor or blender while warm to best incorporate the ingredients
4. If you use fresh ingredients you can keep it refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or you can freeze it for up to a month.
[…] « Pumpkin Butter: my favorite holiday spread! […]