It’s October – which means it’s the month of all the pumpkin things (especially for us “basic” ladies lol). I have been trying to find more ways to incorporate pumpkin into my diet since it’s in season and so insanely good for you!
Did you know pumpkin is:
- rich in vitamin A’s, C, E, iron and folate
- has a high antioxidant content
- It’s vitamin A, Lutein and Zeaxanthin content make it good for your eyesight
- it’s vitamin c, fiber and potassium content make it good for your hearth health
- it’s good for your skin
- and it’s great for your digestion!
This pumpkin banana pancake recipe is easy to make and a super yummy way to get in your pumpkin during this fall season!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut milk from the can (make sure to stir the milk before you use it since it will more than likely be separated)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- coconut oil or ghee for the pan
- sliced banana for topping
- hemp seeds for topping
- maple syrup for topping
- combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a medium sized bowl whisk your eggs and then add your other wet ingredients until smooth.
- pour your wet ingredients over your dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- coat your pan with coconut oil or ghee over a medium/low heat.
- once the pan is well heated add your batter in smaller scoops, use a spatula to flatten the batter so it’s thin.
- Once the batter is bubbling and firm around the edges flip the pancakes.
- repeat with the remaining batter. Top pancakes with maple syrup, hemp seeds, and sliced bananas and enjoy!