A very common question I get from my followers and clients is what is a healthy meal they can make quickly – one of my easy go-to’s is a BOWL and the best part is you can make it however you want it! Below I am going to give you my tips and tricks for making a yummy bowl!
BOWL BASE OPTIONS:
- brown rice
- right rice
- tempeh bacon (see recipe below)
- grilled chicken
- grilled shrimp
- grilled steak strips
- hard-boiled eggs
- red onion, diced
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- carrots, julienned
- sautéed kale (see recipe below)
- roasted broccoli
- roasted sweet potatoes
- roasted brussels sprouts
- hot sauce
- 8oz tempeh, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add tempeh and cook for 5 min on each side.
- In the meantime whisk together gluten-free soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and black pepper – set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the pan and stir. Add sauce mixture and stir until tempeh is evenly covered.
- Let brown for 2-3 min and set aside for your bowl.
- 1 large handful of kale
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat vegan butter over medium heat.
- add kale and let it to begin to wilt.
- add garlic powder, salt and pepper – once it is nice and wilted you’re done! (about 3 minutes)