As of late I have heard a LOT of people raving about the benefits of celery juice which has me asking myself – “whats the hype?” Because I am rarely shy away from a new health and wellness trend I was all over this one! I did my research and celery juice seems like QUITE the miracle drink.
For the past month I have been drinking celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and here is some of the benefits I have already noticed:
– My digestion is better
– I have more energy
– Less mood swings
– Less bloating.
I am hoping with more time I can see even more benefits to this green drink!
So what are health enthusiasts saying?
1. It Can Help Improve Sleep. Celery juice can help some key supplements be absorbed by the brain that help improve sleep. BONUS: it also helps you absorb important nutrients B12 and zinc.
2. It Calms Inflammation. Celery juice contains all sorts of anti-inflammatory properties. If you or your loved ones suffer from chronic illness or autoimmune disorders celery juice would be HIGHLY beneficial.
3. It Helps Keep Your Body in Balance. Celery juice contains important mineral salts that are vital for your body to function properly. It raises your gut’s hydrochloric acid so you can more easily break down what you eat. BONUS: it balances your body’s PH while cleansing your stomach, digestive tract, and liver.
4. It Can Help Combat Anxiety Disorders. The mineral salts we talked about in #3 are also important for your body’s central nervous system – hence it’s healing qualities for those who struggle from depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and more. The electrolytes in celery keep you hydrated also helping reduce your chances of panic attacks and migraines.
5. It Can Be a Powerful Anti-Septic. When the mineral salts in celery juice comes in contact with certain bacteria and pathogens it helps breakdown their cells membranes, killing them all together.
6. It Can Help Battle Stress. Stress and the adrenal glands go hand and hand – celery juice helps stabilizes and supports the adrenal glands, which in turn helps battle stress.
Check out Medical Medium for more information on the benefits of Celery Juice.
How To Do It:
Celery juice is best drank ALONE on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. 16 oz is optimal but I typically stick with 1 head of celery.
NOTE: If you don’t have a juicer you can blend the celery with some filtered water and then strain with a cheese cloth but this is obviously going to be a lot more work.