As of late I have heard a LOT of people raving about the benefits of celery juice which has me asking myself – “whats the hype?” Because I am rarely shy away from a new health and wellness trend I was all over this one! I did my research and celery juice seems like QUITE the miracle drink.
For the past month I have been drinking celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and here is some of the benefits I have already noticed:
– My digestion is better
– I have more energy
– Less mood swings
– Less bloating.
I am hoping with more time I can see even more benefits to this green drink!
So what are health enthusiasts saying?
1. It Can Help Improve Sleep. Celery juice can help some key supplements be absorbed by the brain that help improve sleep. BONUS: it also helps you absorb important nutrients B12 and zinc.
2. It Calms Inflammation. Celery juice contains all sorts of anti-inflammatory properties. If you or your loved ones suffer from chronic illness or autoimmune disorders celery juice would be HIGHLY beneficial.
3. It Helps Keep Your Body in Balance. Celery juice contains important mineral salts that are vital for your body to function properly. It raises your gut’s hydrochloric acid so you can more easily break down what you eat. BONUS: it balances your body’s PH while cleansing your stomach, digestive tract, and liver.
4. It Can Help Combat Anxiety Disorders. The mineral salts we talked about in #3 are also important for your body’s central nervous system – hence it’s healing qualities for those who struggle from depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and more. The electrolytes in celery keep you hydrated also helping reduce your chances of panic attacks and migraines.
5. It Can Be a Powerful Anti-Septic. When the mineral salts in celery juice comes in contact with certain bacteria and pathogens it helps breakdown their cells membranes, killing them all together.
6. It Can Help Battle Stress. Stress and the adrenal glands go hand and hand – celery juice helps stabilizes and supports the adrenal glands, which in turn helps battle stress.
Check out Medical Medium for more information on the benefits of Celery Juice.
How To Do It:
Celery juice is best drank ALONE on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. 16 oz is optimal but I typically stick with 1 head of celery.
NOTE: If you don’t have a juicer you can blend the celery with some filtered water and then strain with a cheese cloth but this is obviously going to be a lot more work.
My daughter has 5 diagnosis, 4 being autoimmune diseases. She is a type 1 diabetes, scalp psoriasis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and yesterday diagnosed with a topic dermatitis. She also has IBS, I think t was misdiagnosed because she was tested 5 years ago (I’m sure it autoimmune too). BTW did I mention she is 11. HELP!! I’m a mother that feels like I’m failing her.
O my goodness I am so sorry that you and your daughter are having to fight this battle! I suggest looking up the autoimmune protocol – there are diets your daughter can go on that will help with her inflammation and the celery juice is also a great starting point to help reset her body. Hope this helps!
Curious to know what body pH you are referring when you talk about restoring our body’s pH…the cells? Blood?
here is a quick synopsis on PH “pH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline – 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.”
Hello Bridgette! I saw this on your Instagram and I was wondering, does it have a good taste? I’m not very fond of celery but it is mainly because of the texture. If it’s juiced then the texture would obviously be different but does the taste change? I would love to try it!! Thank you!
It honestly doesn’t have much of a taste – I just do a quick chug!
It’s hard to be a teen who wants to loose weight and it’s hard to get your parents to help you eat healthier. I’m really interested in this although I hate celery and I don’t have a juicer. Thanks for being awesome so that I can learn more about how to be healthier in the future. 🤗
I totally understand the battle – take smalls steps and use what is readily available to you.
I’m down to try this out…
Curious if you can describe the taste? I’ve had celery juice with orange & carrot juice combined, but never alone & I’m nervous to try it!
Hi Bridgette! I can not wait to try this out but I have one question. Is celery the only ingredient or do add something else?
just celery juice! It’s important so the other ingredients don’t overshadow the benefits of the celery.
I’ve only been doing it for 5 days and I feel so much better. I’m calmer, bloating is down, my skin is clearing, I couldn’t be more impressed. 🙂
yay! So glad to hear that
Bridgette, what juicer is this?
my juicer is no longer for sale but I found a super similar one here https://rstyle.me/n/dfgx89ccm7x
Can you juice the celery at the beginning of the week and then refrigerat it? Or should you juice it fresh every morning?
unfortunately you cannot because it would lose it’s nutritional value – it needs to be juiced daily
Very interesting. Well between your Instagram posts, your blog post, and these comments, I’m sold!!!
I have an auto immune disease myself. Becoming vegan has significantly improved my condition. But there’s still a lot of inflammation and triggers. I’m going to have to try this, and I’ll report back with results!
Thanks Bridgette, you always inspire me.
This looks awesome. I would like my son to try since he runs cross country. I saw a post where you made pizza. I would love to know how you made the dough if there is a healthy way?
I bought a box mix for crust from simple mills!
I’m so glad that I’ve come upon your great site, and more specifically, this tip! I’ve been juicing a head of celery every morning for a week now and I am loving the results! Thank you!!!
glad you’re enjoying it!
A centrifugal juicer uses a “spin” method of juicing, which is faster and usually a bit louder than a masticating juicer. It uses centrifugal force at a high speed to extract juice from produce.