8am: good morning! My body typically wakes me up around 8am. Usually I lay in bed for a little bit scrolling through emails and social media before getting up.
what I would like to do: eliminate the morning phone scroll and replace it with something more productive
8:15am: make a juice. Lately I’ve been switching back and forth between just celery juice and a juice made of random vegetables (typically carrot, beet, cucumber, turmeric, spinach, and apple)
juicer I use: Natalie Styx Juicer $69.99
JUICE TIP: I HATE pulp so I use THIS tea kettle to strain any excess
8:25am: After drinking my juice I brush my teeth and then follow with a good oil pull. You can find the details on oil pulling HERE. While I oil pull I clean my juicer to make the best use of my time.
Here’s the current oil I use: Yala Coconut Oil Mouthwash $19.99
8:35am: It’s time to water the plants! I used to struggle to keep any plant alive but with a little research and a regular routine my plant babies are finally thriving! My herbs and ferns require daily watering while my other plants I usually just water once a week.
8:45am: this is when I start boiling some water for my morning tea. I let my tea steep for 15 min to get the optimal amount of nutrients out of my tea bag.
(I took a break for a few months from my tea because I wanted to eliminate anything that could be causing my breathing issues but now that my breathing has improved I am ready to start implementing it back into my routine.)
8:50am: while my tea is steeping I put together my water bottles for the day. I fill up my Healthish water bottle (it helps me track my water intake throughout the day) and then I usually throw two scoops of my restoraid supplement into a glass water bottle and drink it first thing. This is also when I take my morning vitamins.
- fish oil is good for: heart health, reduce inflammation, supports healthy skin, improves symptoms of depression and more!
- L-Lysine is good for: preventing cold sores. I take this often because the stress of traveling typically tends to give me cold sores.
- what restoraid is good for: boosting the immune system, balancing hormones and reducing stress.
- what probiotics are good for: gut health which in turn leads to better skin!
9:00am: Now that the tea is steeped I can add my superfoods! Currently I am using the following:
- Tocos: a super-rich source of fat-soluble natural vitamin E and is widely recognized as being exceptional for connective tissue and skin.
- Mucuna Pruriens: enhances brain function, elevates mood & refine the senses, soothes the nervous system, support overall well-being.
- Collagen: Improves hair, skin, nails, joints and ligaments, and tendon health.
- Chlorella: an excellent source of protein, fatty acids, chlorophyll, fiber, carbs, vitamins and minerals. Rich in beta-carotene.
- Matcha: is rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism, great source of natural energy and mental clarity.
I use THIS electric whisk to get it extra smooth, then I poor it all over ice!
9:30am: breakfast time! Typically I switch it up between a smoothie or a egg & veggie scramble over some brown rice.
- aloe vera juice
- cashew milk
- cashew yogurt
- Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein
10:00am: right now I typically chill until I need to leave for my workout class
what I would like to be doing: making time for mediation and a devotional from my bible app
10:30am: time to leave for a workout! Right now I mix it up between doing my own lifting routine at the gym, Barre3, and Barry’s Bootcamp class.
12:30pm: now that i’m home from the gym, I typically jump in the shower to rinse off! This is when I was my face and apply any products.
currently I am using:
what I would like to be doing: i’m about 50/50 right now on getting a dry brush in before I shower but I would love for this to be 100% – also want to get back into ending my shower with a stream of cold water!
1:00pm: it’s time for lunch! My favorite go-to lunch is a bowl, I add all sorts of random stuff: brown rice, quinoa, sautéed kale, carrots, onion, sprouts, kimchi, soft boiled eggs, beans, whatever my heart desires! I follow with my afternoon vitamins.
- multi-vitamin: Food based 125 milligram proprietary Women’s Nourishing Blend with dong quai, organic spirulina and red clover supports hormonal balance.
- turmeric: turmeric is a natural source of curcuminoids and provides powerful antioxidant properties, supporting healthy inflammation response.
- iron: helps with red cell formation (great for vegetarians).
- b-complex: Supports energy production, resistance to stress, neurological function, and red blood cell formation.
- vitamin D/K: Vitamins D and K are essential for optimal bone and arterial health and for helping to maintain the immune system in proper balance.
1:30-7pm: this is usually when I get my work done, whether it’s answering emails, working on blogs, trying out new recipes, or just enjoying hanging out with my husband.
7pm: Dinner time. In the summer I love a good salad – lately I have been on this caesar kick! After dinner I take my evening vitamins.
- romaine lettuce
- Primal Kitchen Foods vegan Caesar dressing
- garbanzo beans
- gluten free pasta
- cherry tomatoes
- chopped red onion
- evening primrose: helps with PMS, supports healthy skin, and it has antioxidant support.
- antioxidant extreme: supports immune, cognitive, and anti-inflammatory functions.
- fish oil (omegas): heart health, reduce inflammation, supports healthy skin, improves symptoms of depression and more!
- iron: helps with red cell formation (great for vegetarians)
- b-complex: Supports energy production, resistance to stress, neurological function, and red blood cell formation
7:30-11pm: chill time. This is when I catch my shows, play video games, scroll the web…
11/12am: typically when I head to bed. I wash my face, apply either a layer of retinol or my overnight peel, and then spray a little magnesium on my stomach.
night time beauty products:
- Pai Gentle Face Wash $47
- BeautyCounter Overnight Peel $63 but currently on sale for $53!
- Retinol $12.95
- Pai Face Lotion $55
- spray magnesium $6.15