When it’s super hot and humid outside I find myself craving more cold, crisp, refreshing foods – I would assume it’s my body trying to balance itself with nature. So with all the cravings it makes sense to be consuming more raw vegetables but sometimes raw can be boring! That’s why I have been making this broccoli salad – it’s got a little more “UMPH” than just plain ol’ broccoli and honestly it will keep even the biggest veggie hater coming back for more!
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw, shelled
- 5 slices of bacon, organic, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of mayo (my favorite brand is primal kitchen since it doesn’t contain inflammatory oils + they use organic eggs!)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together all your salad ingredients.
- In a second small bowl whisk together all your dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Pour your salad dressing over your salad ingredients and toss.
- Cover your salad and refrigerate for at least an hour (but overnight is best for optimal flavor. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!