Fall is around the corner which means it’s finally time for SOUP again! If you’ve been following me for a while you know I LOVE soup; its warming, easy to make, makes for great leftovers… I could go on and on and on!
I wanted to keep the recipe as simple as possible but still have it pack a punch of flavor and this soup did not disappoint; hope you guys enjoy!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 5 celery stalks – diced
- 4 large carrot sticks – diced
- 3/4 red onion – diced
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of gnocchi (I used THIS gluten free brand)
- fresh parsley or sprouts for garnish
- optional: hot sauce
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large soup pot over medium heat until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add celery, onion, and carrot and cook until veggies become tender (around 10 min)
- Mix arrowroot powder and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add vegetable broth, arrowroot mixture, almond milk and herbs to sauted vegetables. Mix well and bring to a low simmer.
- Add Gnocchi to the mix and let cook on a low simmer for 10 min or until gnocchi begins to float.
- Serve soup with fresh parsley or sprouts and add hot sauce if you’d like it a little spicier!