Homemade Paleo Bread
One of the biggest complaints I hear from those who are trying to take up a healthier lifestyle is “but what will I eat if I can’t eat bread?!” Bread is a staple in many people’s diets – we use it in the morning for toast, in the afternoon for sandwiches, and even in the evening as a snack. Bread is delicious but it’s not always great for your gut or your waistline (even if it’s the whole grain variety).
Bread is a simple carb – meaning it is digested quickly causing a spike in your blood sugar and then you have a quick decline, leaving you fatigued and hungry. Bread is not your friend when it comes to losing weight and feeling energized, but now you can put your worries aside with this delicious paleo bread recipe I adapted from @lilsipper!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs, preferably pastured
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- 1½ tablespoons raw honey
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all your ingredients together well (I used a stand mixer)
- pour into a bread pan, and smooth out your batter. Bake for 30 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- let cool and enjoy!
TOAST MADE 3 WAYS
Now that you’ve got the bread it’s time to make some toast! Here are three different toast recipes to fit whatever sort of cravings you are having!
CASHEW BUTTER TOAST:
cashew butter / banana slices / local honey / chia seeds
AVOCADO BREAKFAST TOAST:
smashed avocado / cherry tomato / sprouts / soft boiled egg / salt and pepper / red chili pepper flakes
SMOKED SALMON RICOTTA TOAST:
kite hill vegan ricotta / capers / smoked salmon / salt and pepper